May 16, 2018
Jeff Sanders signed a contract with Wiley to publish his
book, The Free-Time Formula:
Finding Happiness, Focus, and Productivity No Matter How Busy You
This is Part 2 of a three-part series on how the writing and
publishing process went down. Everything in the series was done in
realtime, as it was happening. This episode contains a conversation
I had with Jeff right after he'd finished his initial manuscript
and The Free-Time
Formula was being prepared for publication.
In This Episode:
- Who picks the title for the book you're going to write -- you
or the publisher?
- If you want a big audience, how "general" should your published
- Rejected book ideas -- what the publisher didn't
- Researching a book publisher before you sign a contract -- how
to do it (and what you should look for)
- Jeff's writing process for The Free-Time Formula --
how much was the publisher involved?
- The book publishing timeline -- how long does everything
- How to write a book is six months
- Self-editing your books
- Where to get quality writing done
- Audio books -- who controls the copyright?
- Selecting a launch date for your book
- Is a book deal right for you? How to tell...
- How online experts (people like you) view books
compared to how book publishers view books...
Links To Things I Talk About:
Get The RED Podcast App – It’s
Help Your Entrepreneur Friends Reach More People...
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a
friend (maybe even two). And if you really like
RED, subscribe now via Apple
Podcasts and you'll never miss an episode.