Jul 17, 2017
Go to any major entertainment city like Nashville, New York, or
Los Angeles, and you'll see two types of artists -- those who are
making a ton of money and those who are broke.
The same is true for entrepreneurs and "experts."
What's the difference?
Skill? No. Looking at all the mediocre people out there who make
good money, you should know that one...
On this episode I talk about the new book from Jeff
Goins, Real Artists Don't
Starve (Get the audio book free with Audible
trial), and how you can make more money in your business.
In This Episode:
- Two sides of the "starving artists" argument...
- How do some artists make so much money while others barely get
- Are great artists born or made?
- The first element of creating great art
- Why Vanilla Ice spent 20 years being bitter
- How to make a ton of money quickly (and then burn out)
- This is why most podcasts fail...
- The reason Krusty the Clown has nothing to worry about
- Why people leave successful bands (and the sex, drugs, and
notoriety that comes with them)
- Gay Pride?! What the #$%&?!
- Bad reviews on Amazon -- my perspective
- Let's get real... Can you really make money with your
- What happens when two different comics tell the same
- Where do good ideas come from?
- Job security for experts and the self-employed -- what this
- Originality in marketing -- how important is it?
- Two things you must have going for you to make money with your
- How did Hunter S. Thompson get to be such a great writer?
- How Chris Rock gets ready for an HBO special
- What Arsenio Hall is doing now...
- How to create perfect work (and art)
- Making money as an artist (and as an entrepreneur)
- Getting paid twice
- Do the work once (and keep getting paid)
- How I've walked away from "real work" for almost a
- HEEEEYYY, Macarena!!
- A $1,000,000 t-shirt business
Links To Things I Talk About:
This episode of RED Podcast is brought to you by
Convert Kit, the best
way to build a profitable mailing list. Tell them RED
Podcast sent you and get a free month.
Get The RED Podcast App – It’s
Help Your Entrepreneur Friends Reach More People...
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a
friend (maybe even two). And if you really like
RED, a review on Apple
Podcasts would be great too.