Gary Vaynerchuk is one of those guys you either love or hate.
That's a business lesson it itself...
His latest book, #AskGaryVee: One Entrepreneur's Take on
Leadership, Social Media, and Self-Awareness, was sent to me by
a friend. In this episode, I talk about some of the big ideas
within the book and what you, as an influencer, can learn from the
good, bad, and ugly of Gary Vaynerchuk.
In This Episode:
- Should you trust him? Here's how to tell...
- Does a plaid shirt make you look more manly? Only if
you have this to back it up...
- Why people are asking you about your marriage (even though
you're not in the "marriage advice" business)
- The real reason Gary Vaynerchuk is all over my Facebook feed
(and probably yours too)
- Did Gary Vaynerchuk get out of a bad book publishing deal?
- Why celebrities are often assholes (and what they miss
when it comes to success)
- Letting an iPad raise your kids for you
- The harsh reality about a "10-book" publishing deal (and
why you might not want to sign one)
- Why I edit my own podcast (even though there are better editors
available for not a lot of money)
- My podcast recording process revealed -- it's not pretty!
- You're going to pay now or you're going to pay
later, but you're always going to pay...
- How to make your content stand out from the crowd
- The very best thing you can do to succeed in business
- Why employees love some bosses (and hate others)
- A bullshit ego stroke that "gurus" (including Gary
Vaynerchuk) are completely wrong about
- Gary Vaynerchuk's social media "identity crisis"
- The "Free Vacation" scam
- Why there is so much junk on social media (and how to compete
- The "Rock Star" fallacy -- a life lesson from 100+ dead
musicians (and even more that are still alive)
- How long you'll stay on top (HINT: Not long)
- Are people ignoring you and your work? Here's what to do about
Links To Things I Talk About:
This episode of RED Podcast is brought to you by
FreshBooks. Tell them
RED Podcast sent you and get a free month (no credit
Help Your Entrepreneur Friends Be Like Gary Vaynerchuk...
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a
friend (maybe even two). And if you really like RED,
a review on iTunes would be great too.