Aug 25, 2014
We've had a lot of questions about how we do things here... How we
come up with episode ideas, how we record, how we publish, and how
we get so many reviews and downloads.
This episode explains all of this and more. You'll hear our exact
workflow and "system" that lets us outline, record, produce,
distribute, and market multiple episodes each week.
How everything gets done. That's what we
talk about on this episode of RED Podcast...
What You'll Learn:
- How long it takes to record a 25-minute episode
- We did this before ever hitting the record
- The 50-episode plan
- Why the plan we started with changed
- How to do an "episode brainstorm"
- Are you like your audience? Probably not...and here is
- Doing an interview show? Here's how to differentiate what
- Need good questions to ask the person you're interviewing?
- How we come up with episode topics
- Why it doesn't take us long to outline a new episode
- Never do this...
- We don't worry about a flawless show -- and this is
- A good reason to stop recording and start over (we do this all
- Why we record via Skype (even though we're in the same
- A recording trick I learned from broadcast radio
- Why we have "custom" Blue Yeti mics
- How we get graphics done
- The effects we use in post-production
- How we publish files to iTunes (and elsewhere)
- Why we decided to start editing
- The two places we upload podcast files
- The truth about getting reviews on iTunes
Links To Things We Talk About:
Please Help Us Spread The Word By Doing This...
If you like what we're doing here, we'd appreciate your help
spreading the word. For example, leave a review on iTunes…