Dec 21, 2015
Pat Flynn is best known for his Smart Passive Income blog (and
related online content), which allows him to bring in
over $100,000 every month.
In just a couple of months, he's unleashing something new
-- a book.
You want to watch this launch. And that's why I've got Pat on
this episode of RED Podcast...
What You'll Learn:
- Will your idea make money? Before you think about that, think
about this first...
- Why Pat waited so long to write a book
- What to do when you have 80,000 words on paper
- How Pat used his podcast to validate his book idea
- The motivation behind Pat's new book
- Pat's biggest fear about writing (and publishing) a book
- The pressure that comes when everybody is watching you (and
your book launch)
- The downside of having everybody (my word, not his) love
- 5000 people answered Pat's pre-book survey -- what did
- How "4-Hour Workweek" inspired Pat's book
- An illegal test used by old school direct-marketers
that works like gangbusters to see if your business idea is good
(don't do it, but use the idea behind it)
- There are two reasons most entrepreneurs don't have a book --
this is the biggest one
- How to make writing a book as easy as writing a blog post
- Why Pat doesn't use Scriviner
- The first thing Pat does when he gets an idea for a book
- Pros and cons of dictating a book
- A $3 office supply that will help you organize your book (and
simplify your writing process)
- Pat's 90/10 writing experiment
- Two books every author must read
- What great books and great songs have in common
- The one thing you must know before you start writing your book
(it's not what you think)
- Do you self-edit? A trick to break that habit...
- Having trouble finding the time to write your book? Try
- The different types of book editors (and which ones you need
for your book)
- Who Pat used to edit his new book
- Why a book (instead of writing additional blog posts)
- PAT FLYNN IS SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK?! Yes.
- PAT FLYNN TURNED DOWN MULTIPLE SIX-FIGURE ADVANCE
OFFERS FROM MAJOR PUBLISHERS?! Yes.
Links To Things I Talk About:
Help Your Friends Write Their Books...
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend
(maybe even two). And if you really like RED,
a review on iTunes would be great too.