Aug 27, 2015
When I started
RED Podcast, I was coming in with 10 years of working on a radio
show with episodes that were also available via podcast.
But I didn't "get" podcasting...
To bring me up to speed, I hired one guy, Dave Jackson from School
Of Podcasting. On this episode Dave shares his secrets so you can
successfully create your own podcast.
How to do a podcast the right way is what we're talking about
on this episode...
- A major business advantage of having a podcast (even
if nobody listens to it)
- Why podcasts are better than blogs and email newsletters
- The biggest driver in your business
- How consistent does your podcast need to be?
- When (and where) an audience will start to interact with you
and your podcast
- How to get repeat listeners for your podcast
- The big difference between reading a blog and listening to a
podcast (HINT: Knowing this will change your business)
- A great reason to have a co-host for your podcast (even if
you're comfortable doing it yourself)
- Is somebody else already doing a podcast on the topic you cover
(or want to cover)? Why it doesn't matter...
- Booking guests for your podcast? How to "win" even when
somebody says no to an interview request
- Building strong relationships through podcasting
- When people will say yes to interview requests
- Should everybody have a podcast?
- How podcasting has helped Pat Flynn of Smart Passive
- The type of podcast you absolutely shouldn't start (at
least not for business)
- Why you don't like the sound of your voice (and what
you really sound like)
- Podcasting and car stereos
- A quick way to come up with ideas for your podcast
- Why it's pretty hard to make a bad-sounding podcast (and how to
make sure you don't do this)
- Should you script your podcast? The pros and cons...
- Why podcast advertising is so effective
- A radio trick to build rapport with your audience
- How to make the "news" you deliver more entertaining
- Can a podcast be too personal? How to figure out how much to
share (and how much is too much)
- Are podcasters narcissists? Sometimes...
- The inspiration for RED Podcast
- How to make podcasting painless
- Why your podcast doesn't have to be perfect to be good
Links To Things I Talk
Have A Friend With A Great Radio Voice?
If you like RED Podcast, I'd appreciate you telling a friend (maybe
even two). And if you really like RED,
a review on iTunes would be great too.